Premises Liability Law

New York Property Negligence Attorney

If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may be able to hold the owner responsible through a premises liability claim. These cases often arise from accidents caused by dangerous and defective conditions at the premises. You will need to establish the negligence of the property owner, which essentially means showing that the owner knew or reasonably should have known about the dangerous condition, and the owner failed to repair it or warn visitors about it.  

There are many type of premise liability accidents such as:

  • slip and fall on ice or snow
  • trip and fall on cracks and uneven sidewalk
  • slip and fall on liquid inside of buildings
  • trip and fall down staircases due to defective stairs
  • banisters
  • inadequate lighting
  • construction site accidents
  • elevator accidents
  • window accidents
  • any other cause of an accident and injuries outside or inside a premise  

Each type of case is governed by the principal that a property owner or lessor is required to maintain its property safe for those visiting the property or walking on a sidewalk adjacent to a property.    

Sidewalk Accidents

Regarding sidewalk accidents, some people assume that because many sidewalks are kept unsafe that dangerous sidewalks are the norm and excusable.  Did you know there are strict laws governing how quickly snow and ice must be cleaned from a sidewalk and how it is cleaned?  Did you know there are strict laws governing the proper maintenance of sidewalks?  

Premises Liability Experience at NA Law

The engineering experts used by the Law Office of Natascia Ayers will quickly investigate the cause of your accident, ensuring that a property owner or entity responsible for your accident pays you just compensation for their fault in causing you injuries and economic losses.  

ask The Attorney

To schedule your free medical malpractice case review online, click “Get Started” below. We also invite you to call our office to speak with a legal representative about your case or text us your question.

Contact Us

1 Step 1
reCaptcha v3